Sunday, June 9, 2013

Blog Hop!

Hi! Today, I'm participating in my very first blog hop, which is also the first ever Joyful Stars Blog Hop! If you are coming from Jean's blog, welcome! You are in the right place. If you aren't familiar with the concept, it's pretty simple. You follow the links from one blog to the next until you get back where you started. Today, everyone participating is going to be showing you some beautiful artwork that you can make with materials featured in the current Close To My Heart Idea Book. To see the entire Idea Book, check out my website.

I decided to play with a bracket frame that I've had sitting in my box for a while. I was originally going to use some paper from the Buzz and Bumble paper pack, but I cut it totally wrong. Wrong shape, wrong size. Just wrong. So I decided to cut a 'trial piece' of white paper so I could mess it up a couple more times, which I did. However, once I got the right size, I liked the idea of the white, and stuck with that!


I cut a piece of sweet leaf cardstock into half-inch strips. Then, using my clear ruler, a pencil, and LOTS of patience, I adhered the strips onto the frame. After they were all adhered, I trimmed them to fit the frame.


Then I cut a bunch of flowers in three different shapes with my Cricut and the Art Philosophy Cartridge, which coordinate with the flowers from the 'A Blossom' stamp set. I stamped them using Tulip and Gypsy ink. I also sponged some larger flowers to add a tint of color. I didn't love how it looked, though, so I added some purple and pink sparkles that I found in my stash. I know they are CTMH, but honestly, I have no idea how long I've had them or where the came from.  Sorry.



Looking at the frame, I still didn't think it was finished. It needed.... something. I realized what it was missing was a focal point, which, since it's a picture frame, should be the picture in the middle. So I added a photo mat using matching purple card stock with a little bit of Silver Shimmer Trim (which, incidentally, is one of my favorite products). I haven't decided what photo should go in here yet, or if I'm going to gift it or sell it, but whatever I do with it, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  To find out more about any of the products used, more information about Close To My Heart, or about crafting classes, leave me a comment or shoot me an email!

Now, hop on over to Helen's blog to see some of her gorgeous artwork!

Be Crafty!
Meredith


14 comments:

  1. Awesome color combination! I'm partial to purple :) So happy to be blogging with you on this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, your frame came out so cute! I love the purple and green together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patience paid off... it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful frame! You just gave me an inspiration. THANK YOU, Meredith!
    I am so glad be part of this month blog hop team with you :D

    (Helen Gullett)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Frame Meredith. Love how you used strips of paper to cover the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever with the strips of sweet leaf. I was initially baffled how you did that before reading the complete description. What a lovely cluster of flowers too. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, CUTE!! Don't you just LOVE cricut cut images that our stamps coordinate with? :) Love your flower frame, and how you added the green strips! That is the PERFECT finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, love the color combo. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice frame Meredith - love the flowers! Great job - it is just so springy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice frame - and I like getting ideas to use my often laying-there-getting-dusty Cricut! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great project. Good job on the green striping, at first glance I thought it was DP. Love all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stripes.....what a different look. The flowers are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do have patience! It paid off, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete